Most pages within Asset Placer have a Filter function to help you to search for and find information quickly. You can apply one or more Filters from the options available to narrow your search and identify specific records according to your needs.
To access the Filter options, click on the Filter ‘eye’ icon located in the middle of the solid blue line:
The Filter options will be displayed:
This particular example is from the Asset Management | Diary View page. Filters are activated by ticking the checkbox next to the relevant option. The Filter options vary from page to page, but regular Filters common to most pages include:
* View: filters records by their status, for example “All” records, “Active” records only or “Archived” records only.
* Date Range: allow you to select the period of time to search, for example records for “Today” only, record from the “Last 7 Days” or “Last Month”, etc. The Date Range can be selected from the drop down list or you can specify the From and To Dates manually by selecting the dates from the To and From boxes.
* Location and/or Resource: these Filters allow you to select one or number of Locations and/or Resources to view the records for. By ticking the checkbox next to the Filter option, this enables the dropdown and Edit button options next to it. A single Location and/or Resource may then be selected from the dropdown. Or, by clicking the green Edit button, this opens a popup windows with a full list of all options where you can select which Location(s) and/or Resource(s) you would like to view records for.
* Region, Location Group, Resource Type: these are examples of Filters where the information has been entered into Asset Placer from a dropdown option. These work in a similar way to the Location and Resource Filter options, but only one option may be selected at a time. First tick the checkbox next to the Filter option to enable the dropdown, then a single Region, Location Group and/or Resource Type may then be selected from the dropdown.
* Requester: this is an example of a Filter where the information has been entered into Asset Placer as free text. By ticking the checkbox next to the Filter option to enable the textbox, you can enter the text that you would like to match records for. Note that the match works based in the information in the Asset Placer record beginning with the text that you entered. So, for example, if you entered “David B”, then records for “David Banner”, “David Blane” and “David Blunkett”, etc. would all be returned.
Applying multiple Filter criteria refines the search and allows you to find records/information quickly and easily. Once you have selected your Filter options click the green Submit to apply the filters; the Filtered record(s) is(are) then displayed in the grid.
If the record you are looking for is not found or you receive the message “No Data Found” displayed in the grid you may have entered conflicting options in the Filter options. If this is the case, then try reducing the Filter options selected and/or check that you have applied the correct Filter for the request.
To clear all Filters and go back to the default selections that would be applied, click the blue Reset button:
To hide the Filter panel so that you can view the results on the grid better, click the Filter ‘eye’ icon:
Call: +44 203 411 2327